The Free Online CSV Escape/Unescape tool replaces the reserved characters (preventing the parsing) in CSV with its corresponding escaped characters. It converts them back to their original ones.
The free online CSV Escape/Unescape tool performs the two main functions.
- It escapes the reserved characters in CSV with its corresponding characters to prevent parsing.
- It unescapes the escaped characters in CSV by bringing them back to their original ones.
The following characters are reserved in the CSV string and should be escaped before using them.
If the CSV string contains all or any of the following
- Newline character
It should be enclosed in the double-quote.
If the CVS string contains a double quote, it should be escaped with another double quote.
In CSV, the main character is " (double quote), that is, escaped in case of CSV escape. To unescape the CSV string, to bring the escaped CSV string back to its original form, the " (double quote) should be removed.
How to use the CSV Escape/Unescape Online tool?
For this, do the following steps.
- Open the CSV Escape/Unescape Online tool.
- You can copy-paste the CSV code.
- Click on the "Escape" button.
- The tool replaces the reserved characters in CSV with its corresponding escaped characters.
- The resulted code will be provided in the "Result" section.
- Please copy the code and paste it into the desired location.
- You can unescape the CSV escaped string by clicking on the "Un Escape" button.
How to use the Load Sample Data option in CSV Escape/Unescape Online Tool?
Coding is crucial. A slight mistake sometimes gives devastating results. It is always better to have a backup of the code file before going into the escape/unescape process.
The load sample data option is quite helpful in this way. So that you can check the results that escape/unescape can give.
- Click on the "load sample data" button.
- A sample data will be shown on the upper portion.
- Click on the "Escape" button to escape the CSV data. The result will be displayed in the "Result" section.
- Click on the "Un Escape" button to unescape the CSV data. The result will be displayed in the "Result" section.
Do we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user input into the CSV Escape/Unescape process.