HTML Decode - Online HTML Decoder
HTML Decode online tool works by taking an HTML encoded string and converts it into a regular HTML string by decoding special characters.
What is the decoding process?
The decoding of the message is done so that the audience can understand the message. It is the conversion of encoded string into a human-readable format. Effective communication is done when the message is received and comprehend in an intended way as desired.
What is the HTML decode?
HTML is decoding is the opposite of the HTML encoding process. In HTML, certain characters are only reserved for HTML. The HTML encoding replaces the HTML special characters with its corresponding HTML entities. So the browser knows and understands how to display it, and it does not affect the HTML rendering.
HTML encoding helps to transmit the HTML code over the internet easily.
HTML decoding converts the HTML encoded string to its original format to be readable by the human eye.
Suppose the text string contains these signs < and >. To ensure that the browser does not interpret these signs as an opening and closing tag of HTML. The HTML encode function is performed.
- < is replaced with <
- > is replaced with >
How to decode the encoded HTML code by using the HTML decode online tool?
For decoding the encoded HTML code, do the following steps.
- Open the HTML decode online tool.
- Enter the encoded HTML code, or use the "load from URL" or "browse" option for getting the code.
- Click on the "Decode" button in case you want to decode the encoded HTML Code.
- Click on the "Encode" button in case you want to encode the decoded HTML Code.
- The result will be displayed in the upper section.
- Please copy the output and paste it into the desired location.
How to use the "load sample data" option in the HTML Decode tool?
Checking the result by using the sample data is beneficial. Because not only it shows you the output but also removes the ambiguity that you may have.
For using that option, do the following steps.
- Click on the "load sample data" button.
- It will show you the decoded HTML code in the upper section. For example, the decoded HTML code looks like this,
My First Heading
My first paragraph..
- Click on the "Encode" button to encode the HTML code.
- Suppose you want to decode that encoded HTML code again. Click on the "Decode" button to perform that task.
Note: You can encode and decode the same HTML code several times.
Do we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user pastes for the encode or decode process.