The free online difference checker tool helps you compare Text Files, XML, JSON, Source Code, String, and Binary Files by merely pasting the files.
Why do we compare the codes?
If you ask the question to yourself, why do you compare the things or the objects? You can better answer the question.
In simple words, we compare the two things or the objects to highlight the similarities or differences and dissimilarities between two given subjects.
So the question arises, what is code comparison?
The code comparison is the comparison of two source code files,
- To recognize the structure of the codes.
- To get and display the similarities or differences and dissimilaritiesbetween the source codes.
It is quite hard to compare the two versions of similar files. Because sometimes, the comparing files contain a minor difference that it is almost impossible for a person to detect, and it is also a time-consuming process. The solution to the problem is to use an online tool to compare the files.
How to use the Diff Checker or Code Compare Tool for comparison purposes?
A code compare tool is a powerful tool that helps you compare and merge two files or folders. The files can either be text files, XML, JSON, source codes, strings, or any other binary files. To get and display the similarities or differences and dissimilaritiesbetween
the comparing files or folders. You can also call it—code similarity checker tool.
To make the comparison, do the following steps.
Do we keep a copy of your source code or text file?
- Open the free code compare tool.
- Paste the first code or text file in the first or left column. And paste the second code or text file (with whom you want to compare) in the second or right column.
- Between the two columns, there is an arrow sign. If you want the two columns to link with each other or the two columns to move parallel to each other during scrolling, click on thearrow sign to bring arrows closer.
- But if you want to de-link both parallel columns or want to move only a single during scrolling. Click on an arrow sign to move the arrows away from each other. So scrolling a single column does not have any effect on the second column movement.
- If there is any difference in any line between two codes or texts, the tool will highlight that line in both columns with yellow color.
- The sample data is already uploaded, which will help you to understand the functioning of the tool.
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code or the text file that the user pastes for the comparison process.