With the free Online JSON Escape/Unescape tool, replace the reserved characters in JSON with their corresponding escaped characters and convert them back to their original ones.
JSON Escape/Unescape is the process of escaping the offending characters in JSON string that could prevent the parsing or interpretation or unescape the JSON special characters to their original ones.
Some characters are reserved in JSON and must be escaped before the JSON string is used.
The following characters are reserved in JSON and must be properly escaped before using them in the string.
In JSON Escape,
- Backspace is converted to \b
- Form feed is converted to \f
- A newline is converted to \n
- The carriage return is converted to \r
- Double quote is converted to \"
- The backslash is converted to \\
- The tab is converted to \t
The JSON Unescape is the process of bringing the JSON special characters to their original ones.
The JSON string's following characters must be appropriately unescaped and bring them back to the original ones.
In JSON Unescape,
- \b is converted to backspace.
- \f is converted to form feed.
- \n is converted to a newline.
- \r is convertedto carriage return.
- \" is converted to double quote.
- \\ is converted to backslash.
- \t is converted to tab.
How to use the JSON Escape/Unescape Tool Online tool?
For this, do the following steps.
- Open the JSON Escape/Unescape Online tool.
- Enter the JSON code.
- Click on the "Escape" button.
- The tool replaces the reserved characters in JSON with their corresponding escaped characters.
- The resulted code will be provided in the "Result" section.
- Please copy the code and paste it into the desired location.
- You can unescape the JSON escaped string by clicking on the "Un Escape" button.
How to use the Load Sample Data option in JSON Escape/Unescape Online Tool?
Coding is crucial. A little mistake sometimes gives devastating results. It is always better to have a backup of the code file before going into the escape/unescape process.
The load sample data option is quite helpful in this way. So that you can check the results that minify can give.
- Click on the "load sample data" button.
- A sample data will be shown on the upper portion.
- Click on the "Escape" button to escape the JSON string. The result will be displayed in the "Result" section.
- Click on the "Un Escape" button to unescape the JSON string. The result will be displayed in the "Result" section.
Do we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user input into the JSON Escape/Unescape process.