HSV to CMYK Color Converter is a free online browser-based color conversion tool that instantly converts HSV color value to CMYK color value.
What is the HSV Color Model?
The RGB Color Model is the most popular color model to mix and create colors. But the problem with the RGB color model is not designed to get the codes of the color.
Suppose you can tell the exact amount of Red and Green that you need to create the Yellow color. But if you have to make a dark purple color, it would be tricky to answer because humans cannot understand the color as the mix of these three colors. Therefore, the artist introduced a better way to understand the color, known as HSV Color Model.
In the HSV Color Model, the color wheel sometimes appears as a cylinder or cone. Where the
- H represents the Hue, the portion occupied by each color, defined in 0 to 360 degrees. In the color wheel, the Red falls at 0 to 60 degrees, Yellow falls at 60 to 120 degrees, Green falls at 120 to 180 degrees, Cyan falls at 180 to 240 degrees, Blue falls at 240 to 300 degrees, and Magenta falls at 300 to 360 degrees.
- S represents the Saturation, which is the color's purity, ranging from 0 to 100 percent.
- V represents the Value, which the brightness of the color, ranging from 0 to 100 percent.
The HSV is the alternative representation of the RGB color model. And it defines color in a more intuitive way that is more understandable for the human mind.
What is the CMYK Color Model?
The CMYK Color Model is used for printing purposes. In that model, C represents Cyan, M represents Magenta, Y represents Yellow, and K represents Black. And in CMYK Color Model,C, M, Y, and K are the percent values for the Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black values of the color, ranging from 0 to 100 percent.
The K is used to define the Black color because B is used to describe the Blue Color in the RGB Color Model. And the more important thing is that if you add Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow in equal proportion, you will still not get pure Black because of color impurities. Therefore, Black is the key color that brings detail to the image.
HSV Color Model VS CMYK Color Model
The HSV Color Model is additive and is used for display purposes but not for printing purposes. It is the alternative representation of the RGB Color Model and is widely used in web and app design, branding, social media, and visual content.
The CMYK Color Model is used for printing purposes, not to display something on the screen. That color model is subtractive, which means the more you add, the more you get closer to the Black. That color model is used in the printing process of advertising, branding, merchandising and product packing, and restaurant menus.
HSV to CMYK Conversion
Several online tools are available that facilitate you to convert HSV color value to CMYK color value.
- Open the HSV to CMYK color converter online tool.
- Enter the HSV color value, where the H is Hue, S is Saturation, and V is Value.
- You can also use the "color palette" for selecting the required color.
- Click on the "Convert to CMYK" button.
- It will convert the HSV color value to CMYK color value and result in a CMYK color format.
- Click on the "Copy CMYK" button.
- Please paste the CMYK color value to the desired location.
- In the end, a list of a wide range of commonly used colors is given—their name, Hex, RGB, HSV, and CMYK color codes are given in front of each color.
- The search facility is also provided to search the color by using its color name or, Hex, RGB, HSV, CMYK color codes value.
Note: You can also convert a CMYK color code to HSV color value using CMYK to the HSV color converter tool.