You cannot deny the importance of numbers in your daily life. Almost all the things that relate to us, whether directly or indirectly, include the numbers.
Numbers are essential, whether they relate to costs, revenue, performance, target, or other things related to our lives.
The following are some of the numbers used in our daily life.
- Mobile number or landline number to call a friend or a family member.
- Calculating your daily budget expenses.
- The purchasing of groceries or other things related to cooking involves the proportion and percentage.
- To use the elevator to go to specific places or floors in the buildings.
- To calculate the cost and the benefits of your business.
- The income you earned, the expenses you incurred on business.
- Your date of birth, time of birth, the time you spent in school or office, looking for the number of people who liked your post on social media. All the information is in the form of numbers.
You can count the infinite points where you need the numbers in your life. Whether you like it or not, you have been somehow connected with the numbers since birth.
Most people even do not know about Googol. A Googol is the largest number 10100.
It is a digit 1, followed by one hundred zeroes.
That number is way more significant than you can imagine. Even more prominent than the total number of elementary particles in the universe. But the question is, why do we need that much more significant number? And more importantly, that number is also given a name known as ten duotrigintillion, ten thousand sexdecillion, or ten sexdecilliard.
Even though that number has no significant use in mathematics, it is still used when you need to compare it with other large quantities, such as the total number of subatomic particles in the visible universe.
As we discussed earlier, you cannot deny the importance of numbers in your daily life. But the problem with the human mind is that it cannot memorize complex numbers. On the other hand, computers only understand numbers. Therefore, the system has to convert humans' words into numbers to give the computer instructions. The exact process is used on the internet. Your domain name (alphanumeric address) is converted into the IP address (numeric address) to route the traffic to the correct destination. The human mind cannot memorize the IP address.
If you are in any field related to accounting, or finance, you better know the importance of numbers. But still, the problem is that it is easy for humans to memorize and communicate numbers in words. Therefore, the conversion of numbers into words is essential.