The Velocity and Speed Converter helps you convert between meter per second, foot per minute, kilometers per hour, Knot, mile per hour, speed of light, and support many other conversions.
What is speed?
In simple words, an object's speed is defined as a magnitude of change in its position.
Speed concerns how fast the movement occurs, which concerns distance over time. That means how fast the object is moving.
So the formula to calculate speed is
s = d/t
s = speed
d = distance traveled
t = time elapsed
What are the different types of speed?
There are five types of speed.
- Uniform speed: When the object covers equal distance in a similar time interval, it is at a uniform speed.
- Variable speed: When the object covers different distances at equal time intervals, it is variable speed.
- Average speed: Average speed is the uniform speed given by an object's total distance traveled to the real-time object.
- Instantaneous speed: If the object moves at variable speed, the object's speed at any given instance is instantaneous speed.
What is the velocity?
Velocity is defined as speed with direction. If the speed has direction, it becomes the velocity. In other words, the magnitude of velocity is speed. It is a vector. In velocity, the direction is essential; that is why it uses displacement rather than distance.
What is the basic unit to measure the speed?
The speed unit can be defined as any arbitrarily, internationally accepted, and chosen standard to measure the speed.
Also, different countries have different units to measure speed.
The unit measures the US's speed in miles per hour (mph).
The general SI-derived unit to measure the speed is a kilometer per hour.
And One mile per hour = 1.609344 kilometers per hour.
Therefore, to measure the speed, you need an online speed converter. Because to measure the distance, different units are used like centimeters, feet, meters, miles, and so on. And to measure the time, like seconds, minutes, and hours.
Measurement of Speed
For the measurement of speed, you can use different methods. As for vehicles, speedometers are used. You can calculate the speed of any moving object like a car, bike, etc.
You can also use the online tool to convert one measuring unit of speed into another. The unit measures speed in miles per hour (mph) like in the US. While the general SI-derived unit to measure the speed is kilometer per hour.
Using an online speed converter tool, you can convert miles per hour to a kilometer per hour.
You can calculate the wind speed by using an online speed converter tool. The speed of the wind varies depending upon the geolocation. And conversion is essential, especially when the measured speed is presented in a different measuring unit like nautical miles per hour or statute miles per hour.
How to use an online speed converter to convert mph (Mile/hour) to Kph (Kilometer/hour)?
The manual conversion from one mph to kph is a time-consuming process.
Using an online velocity and speed converter tool, you can convert to and from one measuring unit to another.
To do this, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open the Velocity and Speed converter online tool.
- Enter the amount 1 in the first column.
- In the second column, "Select from," select Mile/hour (mph) as a measuring unit from which you want to convert.
- In the third column, "Select to," select kilometer/hour (kph) as a measuring unit in which you want to convert.
- Click on the "convert" button; the result will be there 1.609344 kilometers/hour (kph) within no time.
Note: The same procedure can be adopted in conversion between meter per second, foot per minute, kilometers per hour, Knot, mile per hour, speed of light.