The best & free online JSON to TSV converter converts the JSON string/JSON file format into the TSV string/TSV file format.
What is meant by JSON, and what is the purpose of JSON?
Either you are making a single-page website or an extensive website, at some point, you have to communicate with the server to get a response. The response can be in the majority of two formats XML or JSON. Among these two, JSON is the more reliable option.
In JSON, all the organized data is serialized and represents four primitive and two structured types: numbers, Booleans, strings, null, objects, and array.
Earlier, extensive use of XML to transmit data on the internet. But, due to the development of JSON by Douglas Crockford, its versatility and it's lighter than the XML. JSON is used to store and transmit data, and an SQL server allows you to exchange data from the web and network resources.
What is meant by TSV, and what is the purpose of TSV?
TSV stands for tab-separated values, is a file that contains the values separated by tab space. It stores the table data in a plain text format, where tabs separate the data columns. Each line in the TSV file contains the data record, and the record contains the fields that have the separation among them, with tabs space. Usually, the first line represents the labels in data, and the next line represents the data related to those labels.
TSV file has file extension with .tsv or .tab name, and use of TSV file is commonly to import and export the data and exchange the data with spreadsheet and database.
In simple, it's similar to the CSV file. Still, the main difference between them is that CSV consists of comma-separated values and is a delimited text file that contains the values separated by commas. In contrast, TSV stands for tab-separated values, which stores the table data in the data columns separated by tabs. You can even perform the CSV to TSV conversion as per your need.
The TSV file can be launched with specific programs like Microsoft Office, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft WordPad, Microsoft Notepad, File Viewer Plus, LibreOffice, etc.
JSON VS TSV
- JSON is the text written with JS object notation and used to store and exchange internet data. In contrast, TSV is a delimiting text file that contains the values, separated by tab space.
- JSON is less compact but more versatile as compared to the TSV file.
- JSON shows a better hierarchical structure. In contrast, the .tsv file is in text form, but the TSV file visual appearance is not in a friendly tabular format when displayed or printed.
- JSON is preferred to TSV while working with the large volume of data and scalability of files or applications. In contrast, TSV is excellent at working with small files and fewer data.
- Storing the JSON format data results in JSON data file sizes much higher than if stored in TSV format.
How to use the best & free online JSON to TSV converter?
Conversion is fun. The online tools help convert the JSON string/JSON file format into the TSV string/TSV file format.
To do this, do the following steps.
- Open the best & free online JSON to TSV converter.
- You can either copy-paste the JSON data, use the "Load from the URL" option, or use the "Browse" option to upload the JSON file.
- After uploading the JSON data, click on the "Convert" button.
- The tool will convert the JSON data into TSV format and provide you the results in the "Result" section.
- Please copy the TSV data, and paste it into the desired location for further use.
How to use the Load Sample Data option in JSON to TSV converter tool?
First, always use some sample data to check the working of the tool. To check the working of JSON to the TSV converter, do the following steps.
- Click on the "Sample" button on the top right corner of the tool.
- The sample data in the JSON format will appear in the upper section.
- Click on the "Convert" button.
- This tool will convert the JSON data into TSV format and provide you the results in the "Result" section.
Do we keep a copy of your source code?
Protecting user trust is our top priority. We do not keep a copy of the source code that the user pastes for the JSON to TSV conversion.
Note: We do not keep a copy of the resulted code. Therefore, please copy the resulted code and paste it to the desired location for future use if you are happy and satisfied with the results.